Welcome to Spanish Class. The following infomation is very important- Please read!
To be successful in Spanish class, you will need to:
1. Come to class prepared.
2. Use time wisely in class.
3. Begin working as soon as the bell rings.
4. Turn in all work on time and use good penmanship.
5. Obey ALL school rules.
6. Study Spanish outside of class 15 to 20 minutes per school day.
7. Participate in class. IT WILL HELP YOU LEARN SPANISH!
8. Be courteous and respectful to all.
9. Enjoy learning a second language. You will be glad you did.
You will most likely need extra credit to earn the grade you want for the class. Extra credit opportunities are available thoughout the semester. Points are awarded according to the quality of work produced. No outside extra credit can be earned the last two weeks of the semester. Extra credit can raise your grade a maximum of 4% and is added to the semester grade.
Effort and wise use of class time is a significant part of your grade. You are expected to be engaged in learning/studying Spanish the entire class period. Sleeping, being off task, visiting, doing work of another subject, not coming to class prepared or any disturbance that disrupts the learning environment of all students will cause you to lose extra credit points.
An infraction of any school rule will cause a loss of all or part of extra credit points.
The standard grading scale is used:
A = 90% - 100%
B = 80% - 89%
C = 70% - 79%
D = 60% - 69%
F = below 60%
pencil (always good to have an extra)
pen (black or blue)
3 ring binder (divided)
notecards (to make flash cards)